Wednesday, July 18, 2007

 Hacking

 Hacking NetFlix : Netflix Instant Viewing U.S. Only
 How To Contact Netflix
   

 Questions? Lost DVD? Call 800-715-2120, or click here  (Related)  .
 Welcome
   

 Come in, take a look around, and feel free to contact me  (Related)   if you have a question or story idea. Be sure to read the comments or participate in the discussion.

Subscribe  (Related) 

 Search
   
 Web HackingNetflix


 Movie Podcasts
 Disclaimer
   

 This site is an independent Web site (I don't work for Netflix). Netflix is registered trademark of Netflix, Inc. HackingNetflix  (Related)   will not teach you how to lie, cheat or steal from Netflix. Hacking is the desire to fully understand something, and we want to learn as much as we can about this company and share this information.

Click here for more information  (Related)   about this Website and a full disclosure statement.

 Investors: Please do not use the information on this site to buy or sell stocks. I don't want to have to explain to your spouse how you lost a huge amount of money based on advice from a site called "Hacking Netflix."

  The contents of this Web site are (c) 2003 - 2007 Briki Media, LLC. All rights reserved.

« Complete List of Netflix Watch Now Movies?  (Related)   |
Main  (Related)  
| Who Makes the Envelopes for Netflix & Blockbuster? »  (Related) 

 Netflix Instant Viewing U.S. Only

 Benjamin writes, "I recently brought my laptop with me to Argentina on a five week trip. Since I would have high speed internet in the apartment I was renting, I thought that my Netflix Instant Viewing hours would be great for movie viewing. It turns out that this is not possible from outside the US. Here is the message I get when accessing Instant Viewing while logged on to my Netflix account in Argentina:

 Instant viewing is not available outside the US

 Our systems indicate that the computer you are using is not located within the 50 United States or District of Columbia. The instant viewing feature is available only on computers in those locations.

 I bet that it's a combination of concerns over network speed and limited rights outside of the U.S. I wonder if it would work through a proxy server or some other trick?

 TrackBack

 TrackBack URL for this entry:

 http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/2006/20123494

 Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Netflix Instant Viewing U.S. Only  (Related)  :

 Comments

 I had the same message during my last 5 weeks in Germany, in an Internet Cafe. I didn't even want to watch any films (at 1.49 euros an hour for the connection time) but just wanted to see whether any new ones had been put in my "From Your DVD Queue" box, as I had watched all the 4 or 5 available on Watch Now from my queue of 410, and I knew more would be added to the Watch Now option every month. No deal!

 Post a comment

 
This weblog only allows comments from registered users.
To comment, please
Sign In  (Related)  .


No comments: