Wednesday, July 18, 2007

  My

 
My Five Month Roadmap to Becoming a Better Developer
Blog  (Related) 
 #tastic
  | Home  (Related) 
My Five Month Roadmap to Becoming a Better Developer  (Related) 
 Monday, July 16, 2007 9:50 PM

 So I have been tagged by Russ  (Related)   on the Justice Grey  (Related)   challenge. Well here it goes:

 Continue my Current Reading Habit  - For the last two years I have been reading about one technology book a month and I plan to maintain this habit by reading: Practices of an Agile Developer, The Pragmatic Programmer (reread), Beautiful Code  (Related)  , Object Thinking (reread), and Pragmatic Project Automation  (Related)  .

 Increase the signal to noise ratio of my feeds  - Prune my 125 feeds down to 50. Get rid of the trash and keep the gold. It has been too long since I have done this. Not only that but my focused has changed a lot as well. When I first started RSS I was doing a lot of design work and now that I am more into backend code I can safely remove a lot of these blogs.

 Continue stepping outside of the VS.Net IDE comfort zone  - I will do this by continuing to explore Boo and Python programming languages. A big goal would be getting mono to run Boo and MonoRail on my linux server.

 Start practicing with my tools  - My current skill level with tools like R# and SVN is good but could be a lot better. So at least once a day I should spend 15 minutes practicing with my tools.

 Improve my working conditions  - Invest some time in getting my keyboard at the right height and other ergonomic considerations.

 I will tag: Jim Sowers (if he had a blog), Tim Hibbard  (Related)  , and Jeff Julian  (Related)  .

 Feedback

#  (Related)    re: My Five Month Roadmap to Becoming a Better Developer
 
Did Dru just say he's going to become a better developer by playing with his tool for 15 minutes a day?



 ;)



 D
 7/16/2007 10:57 PM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg  (Related) 

#  (Related)    re: My Five Month Roadmap to Becoming a Better Developer
 
Yup, 15 minutes a day seems to have the right effect. ;)
 7/16/2007 11:00 PM | Dru  (Related) 

#  (Related)    re: My Five Month Roadmap to Becoming a Better Developer
 
Screenshot that before he changes it D'Arcy!



 Welcome to the brotherhood of better developers Dru. Those are some great goals. Good luck with your next 6 months!
 7/16/2007 11:01 PM | George  (Related) 
 Post a comment

 T itle:

 N ame:

 E mail:  Not Displayed

 W ebsite:

 C omment:

 Please add 4 and 5 and type the answer here:

  

No comments: